Getting Started with Azure SQL
Vigilant Technologies can help your team successfully move your SQL Server workloads to Azure SQL Database Managed Instance and save up to 85 percent with Azure Hybrid Benefit and reserved capacity pricing.
Our team of SME DBA’s can ensure that you get a fully managed database service with built-in security and performance monitoring for managing hundreds to thousands of databases at scale. For SQL Server workloads that use SQL Server Analysis Service, SQL Server Reporting Service, and other non-engine capabilities, Vigilant Technologies can ensure a successful shift and move to SQL Server in a VM to get extended security updates at no extra charge.
The Vigilant Approach…
The Vigilant Technologies SQL Migration Roadmap consists of five stages, each encompassing several important tasks required to complete a successful migration to Azure cloud services.
The purpose of each stage can be summarized below, but we will look at each stage in more depth in the sections to follow:
- Initiate and discover – Understand your database footprint and potential approaches to migration
- Assess – Assess the discovered workload requirements and any dependencies
- Plan – Plan and describe the workloads to be migrated, the tool to be used for migration and the target platform for the workload
- Transform – Transform and optimize any workloads not currently compatible with modern data platforms. Optimize workloads to take advantage of new features
- Migrate, validate and remediate – Perform migration, validate successful migration, and remediate applications where required
Other Options with Vigilant Technologies – SQL PaaS
Azure SQL Database is a fully managed service that is comparable to a traditional on-premises SQL Server deployment, but greatly enhances SQL performance and robustness by making performance levels and storage capacity easily upgradable as well as providing standard high availability.
Azure SQL Database delivers predictable performance at multiple service levels that provides dynamic scalability with no downtime, built-in intelligent optimization, global scalability and availability, and advanced security options — all with near-zero administration.
These capabilities allow you to focus on rapid app development and accelerating your time to market, rather than allocating precious time and resources to managing virtual machines and infrastructure. Azure SQL Database currently resides in 38 data centers around the world, with more data centers coming online regularly, enabling you to run your database in a data center near you.
Principal – Technology Strategist, Vigilant Technologies