When it comes to Robotic Process Automation, the three market leaders are Blue Prism, UIPath and Automation Anywhere. But that is where the similarities end. Let’s take a look at the benefits of RPA and then compare the three market leaders.
While most organizations cannot thrive without it, others continue to resist. But RPA is here to stay and here are the major business reasons:
Time-Saving – Robots are faster than humans, whether they are physical robots welding car doors or software bots processing paperwork. Companies save time deploying a digital workforce to perform mundane tasks, period.
Return on investment is greater – The overall cost of RPA is much less than hiring a human employee, not to mention managing and training one. Greater task output is evident as robots can function 24/7. No weekends, vacations or other benefits are required.
Customer satisfaction – The objective of any industry is a satisfied client base. Humans even when cautious, are error prone – it’s human nature! Thus, quality and error-free work is produced to provide 100% customer satisfaction.
Greater security – Often the organization outsource work to external agencies, which can pose a risk to the privacy and financial policies. There is no need to outsource with RPA.
Value-added work for employees – Instead of working on mundane tasks, employees can be channeled into more productive and mentally satisfying work.
Analytical feature – RPA are capable of analysis with their additional analytical features. Decision making is faster and more efficient.
Blue Prism Shines
Users of Blue Prism say there is no contest. Blue Prism is evolving at such a rapid pace the others cannot keep up.
Blue Prism received a 99% user satisfaction rate from financesonline.com. It’s an innovative RPA platform that enables companies to manage and their digital workforce of software robots. (Comparing Blue Prism)
Blue Prism has visual process designers. Blue Prism has superior client architecture. And Blue Prism shines in Citrix automation.
But the real news is its connected-RPA vision. Connected-RPA is a game-changer in the way it helps businesses get to market faster and works directly with “the makers,” the most digital savvy employees in an organization. With Connected-RPA, the makers have the tools and the power to invent, design and develop new services – fast.
Today, IT departments spend too much time and budget on maintaining and updating processes and systems. Blue Prism offers an intelligent digital workforce capable of self-learning and continuous improvement. It empowering users to automate billions of transactions.
“The connected-RPA vision that Blue Prism has outlined highlights the evolving power of automation,” says Dave Mayer, Principal Sector Analyst for AI, RPA and Blockchain at NelsonHall.
“It extends beyond the limits of traditional RPA, giving users a compelling all-in-one, complete automation platform which includes AI and cognitive features already built-in. The new roadmap, capabilities and features being introduced today nicely leverage and enable Blue Prism’s growing community of developers, customers, channel partners and technology alliances.”
Other new platform features, capabilities, extensions and community enhancements by Blue Prism include:
- Blue Prism Digital Exchange (DX) 2.0: A growing online community that provides business leaders with drag and drop access to AI, machine learning, cognitive and disruptive technologies.
- Process Discovery Tool: A new web-based tool available through a company’s portal, reduces the time to prepare for an RPA deployment from weeks to hours.
- Blue Prism Labs: A world-class brain trust of PhD level research scientists and engineers across multiple AI fields. They inform and spearhead developments on the company’s embedded AI capabilities.
- Blue Prism Community: A new central hub for sharing knowledge, best practices and building a network of business executives and developers looking to collaborate.
Additional capabilities on the horizon are:
- Intelligent document processing adds AI-powered document processing directly built into the Blue Prism platform. This enables smarter, end-to-end processing of document workflows with a built-in document processing engine.
- Blue Prism v6.5, the latest RPA software will include full Japanese and simplified Chinese language capabilities, IPv6 support, and data gateways, offering more data control while reducing the amount of storage being used.
- Success Accelerator: A program that provides customers access to Blue Prism deployment experts.
- eCommerce/vending machine capability enables users to buy and sell solutions and services on the Digital Exchange (DX) making it a true eCommerce site.
- Easier Blue Prism software accessibility: By way of the eCommerce capability, Blue Prism plans to open-up access to the company’s leading RPA software making it easy for people to get started.
“Our vision for connected-RPA is about giving the power of creativity to an organization’s people, while maintaining control and connecting innovations together, so individual work adds up to a far more powerful whole,” says Alastair Bathgate, CEO and co-founder at Blue Prism.
“With an array of reusable, intelligent automation skills available through our Digital Exchange app store, connected-RPA lets an organization unleash its entrepreneurs and innovators, giving them the freedom to focus on creative work that drives business forward.”
The result from all this gives users completely automated end-to-end processes, while maximizing AI functionality quickly and easily. It provides enterprises with a single scalable platform that enables business-led automation in an IT-endorsed and controlled environment.